Split - Dalmatia County Tourist Board ( Central Dalmatia) was founded in 1995 with its headquarters in Split, at Prilaz brace Kaliterna Street 10. The rights and obligations of the tourist board are regulated by the Act on Tourist Boards and the Promotion of Croatian Tourism, and by the Board’s statute. The tourist board has the status of a legal person from the day of its registration in the Register of Tourist Boards which is maintained by the Ministry of Tourism. The main task of the Split - Dalmatia County Tourist Board is to support, maintain, improve and promote of all the county’s existing tourist resources and potential and to create a strong and recognizable brand for The Split - Dalmatia County Tourist Board ( Central Dalmatia ). In addition, the county tourist board also has the following tasks:
- to co-operate and coordinate with legal and physical persons who are either directly or indirectly involved in tourism at county level in order to jointly agree, determine and implement the tourism development plan as part of the county’s overall economic development plan,
- to support and assist the development of tourism in municipalities and towns which are not touristically developed,
- to offer expert and all other possible help to the tourist offices of the municipalities or towns on all matters of importance for their work and development,
- to support, coordinate and organise economic, cultural, sporting and other shows and events of importance for the whole county,
- to develop programmes and plans for the promotion of the county’s tourist products, paying attention to the individual characteristics of each tourist location,
- to determine, organise and implement all tasks related to the promotion of the county’s tourist products in accordance with the basic guidelines of the Croatian National Tourist Board,
- to collect daily and collate monthly data on tourist numbers and any other data of importance for the monitoring of the execution of given tasks and goals (aggregate report of municipalities and towns),
- to prepare semi-annual and annual reports, analyses and evaluations of the accomplishment of the work programme and financial plan of the county tourist board,
- to carry out all other tasks entrusted to it by the tourist offices of municipalities and towns and by the Croatian National Tourist Board.
Please find detailed information on our website.